Saturday 31 October 2015


I thought this was a rather good response to what was a very simplistic (and quite honestly, misleading) homily from His Holiness on sin and God's judgment, or rather, His divine 'impotence' which could give some the impression that those who consider themselves 'untouchable' in terms of the long arm of Divine Justice are precisely that.

But I told you not these things from the beginning, because I was with you. And now I go to him that sent me, and none of you asketh me: Whither goest thou? But because I have spoken these things to you, sorrow hath filled your heart. But I tell you the truth: it is expedient to you that I go: for if I go not, the Paraclete will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. And when he is come, he will convince the world of sin, and of justice, and of judgment. Of sin: because they believed not in me. And of justice: because I go to the Father; and you shall see me no longer. And of judgment: because the prince of this world is already judged. I have yet many things to say to you: but you cannot bear them now. (St John 16: 5-12)

3 comments:

Our Lady of Good Success-pray for us. said...

What a mockery a hersiarch makes of justice and mercy:

A Vicar of Christ condemns the following: http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius09/p9syll.htm

A Vicar of Christ demands assent to the following: http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius09/p9ineff.htm





Long-Skirts said...

What?! No "Rabbits"?!!

THE
RABBIT
OF
BEING

The Bishop of Rome
He lives not at home
I’m sorry
I have to say

He’s here and he’s there
He’s up in the air
Flying this
And that way

He gets on the phone
Waits for dial tone
To comfort a man
In his sins

But mothers of seven
Who put faith in Heaven
“Don’t breed like a rabbit”
He grins

And how the boys chuckle
And how the girls laugh
And gender-benders
Can trust this man’s staff

But only the mothers,
The big family breed,
Deserve condescension…
From this Bishop’s clichéd creed.

DJR said...

Hey, you forgot my favorite papal epithet: "Little holy cards."

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...