Friday 26 April 2013

Cardinal Oullet to the Bishops of England and Wales

Courtesy of the LMS Chairman, who picked this up from The Catholic Herald. Cardinal Marc Oullet to the Bishops:

‘My brother bishops, you face many challenges in your apostolic ministry in England and Wales. Perhaps you can identify with Peter and John as they are dragged before the Sanhedrin to be pressured, threatened and even beaten to stop proclaiming the saving Truth of Jesus Christ. Perhaps you can sense viscerally the pressure to obey men rather than God, to see yourself as a mere manager or functionary rather than a disciple and an apostle...’

Interesting choice of words...I think you'll agree.

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...