Saturday 6 October 2012

Open Letter to the CDW


Your Eminence,

I saw this in a Catholic Church in London called St Augustine's, Hammersmith. With outrages like this going on, is it any wonder faith in the Blessed Sacrament has collapsed!?

And what is 'another instrument' meant to mean? Is this what the Second Vatican Council called for?! A flipping digeredoo on the Sanctuary?!

Just thought you'd like to know. Keep up the good work! Hope you can send some of your boys round to check it out.

I hope I'm wrong and that all these instruments are being used to enhance the Gregorian Chant praised and recommended so much in the documents of the Second Vatican Council.

I remain your humble and obedient servant.

Laurence


p.s I know now that you read blogs in Rome. The Tablet told us so.

8 comments:

Patricius said...

I have been wondering for ages how I might use my swanee whistle to enhance the liturgy!

georgem said...

I can offer yet more enhancement with a kazoo.

pelerin said...

The Mass I attended on the Feast of the Assumption this year had the added 'interest' of a long drawn out cello solo. Not sure what we were supposed to do then - it was certainly not at all conducive to prayer. It was like a mournful dirge and I thought the Feast Day was meant to be a happy one. Later during Adoration the cellist turned up again with another mournful dirge. I hope it was a one off performance.

The poster shown has forgotten tambourines!

Melancholicus said...

Ah me! Paganism in our churches once again! We've been through this before:

"Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of music, they fell down and worshipped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up."

-Daniel 3:7

Pétrus said...

I remember going to Mass as a child of about 10 and hearing a guitar and some tambourines.

Even then I could sense there was something not quite right about it.

Pétrus said...

I was just wondering about "another instrument"

Would a "comb and paper" be acceptable for them? What about "the spoons"?

Would Rolf Harris's wobble board be welcome?

Lolalola said...

Oh come on, let people have s bit of fun!!!

Lolalola said...

Blinkin eck let people play their instruments to glorify god if they wish!

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...