Sunday 13 May 2012

The Cruelty of New Steine Mews: Update

I've just heard from Mr Evans that New Steine Mews refused Jason his clothes from his room two days ago because of what I wrote on my blog.

I believe Jason because Jason didn't know I'd written anything on my blog therefore I don't require the 'other side to the story'.

New Steine Mews, however, did know because I sent them links to both of my blogs.

So, they make a man homeless, evict him with none of his possessions. Then, after he's been out in the rain for a few days and he needs his clothes, he goes back to see them to get them and he's told that he cannot have them because someone has written something unpleasant about the near total lack of compassion or empathy the staff there have with the homeless.

If you would like to make known your views on this, feel free to contact the staff at New Steine Mews at:

hostel@nsmhostel.org.uk

...and let your views be known.

Look, I know that Jason can be 'hard work' but talk about kicking a man when he's down. But hey, that's my fault for exercising free speech, isn't it? I guess that's why Our Lord told His disciples to clothe the naked. He knew the State wouldn't think to do it. They can consider it war, then. There must be a way for all of Brighton to know of their wicked treatment of the poor. I'll have a think. Still, its heartening to know that its not just the homeless that the State has it in for, but the disabled as well. Oh, and the elderly. And the unborn.

As someone has kindly commented, out in the world for those to whom law applies, what has taken place is theft. For those consider themselves above the law of both God and man, what has taken place is just revenge because if you're poor, or homeless or without power or status in this World, your rights mean nothing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, you got some attention for a few seconds and lost a man his only belongings. Hope your 5 seconds of exposure to the fun of moaning about your life was worth it

Pétrus said...

On the surface of things New Steine Mews is guilty of an offence under the Theft Act of 1968.

Might I suggest Jason reports them to the police?

The Bones said...

Have I stolen his possessions?

No, Anonymous. I don't know who you are, but the thieves are at New Steine Mews. They have no legal right to withhold his possessions.

They steal and I am responsible for their theft because I committed the crime of telling of it?

Funny moral world you inhabit!

Chrissy said...

The spiteful attitude of "Anonymous" should be ignored , and I agree with Petrus that the police should be informed , it is simple theft , made even worse by the fact that this poor man is very vulnerable , and needs all the help that he can get.

Graham Nanton said...

Maybe Jason owes them money which means they can withold his stuff until he pays them???

That said, I'd call the police to try and get it back anyway.

Pétrus said...

In response to Graham :

Even if Jason owes them money they have no legal right to withhold his possessions.

It is theft no matter how they might try and justify it.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...