Wednesday 25 August 2010

Susan Boyle to Sing for Pope Benedict XVI

 According to ITN News...

'She will perform as part of the Pontiff's open air celebration of Mass in Glasgow's Bellahouston Park on September 16. The 49-year-old, from Blackburn in West Lothian, is expected to perform three songs, including her smash hit I Dreamed A Dream, which catapulted her to fame on Britain's Got Talent.
She said: "To be able to sing for the Pope is a great honour and something I have always dreamed of. It's indescribable. I've always wanted to sing for His Holiness and I can't really put into words my happiness that this wish has come true at last. I am humbled and honoured by this invitation and I hope I can do my best."'

I Dream a Dream? Is that the Communion Hymn? The other two songs are yet unknown but let us just hope and pray that they are not Shine, Jesus, Shine and Colours of Day or, well, anything else from Les Miserables or any other naff musical.

1 comment:

Crux Fidelis said...

Apparently, Susan Boyle and Michelle McManus (another talent show winner) will not 'perform' at the Mass (Deo gratias!) but prior to it. Hardly a fitting way to prepare IMHO. For my part I'll bringing my MP3 player to listen to Bach and some Gregorian chant.

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...