Tuesday 15 September 2009

Hey, Brightonians! Your Council Tax Will Fund This Job!



Dum-de-dum-de-dum...There I was checking the local Council jobs website looking for a way out of my current financial black hole, when I came across this and couldn't believe my eyes.

Courtesy of
Brighton and Hove City Council Jobs Website. Outraged commentary highlighted in bold orange as per usual.

Life Coach (Pre- and Post-Termination Support)
[Life Coach?! Life Coach?!]
Salary: Scale SO1-SO2 £ 24,402 - £ 28,353 [The pay goes up, but your soul?]
Fixed-term contract until March 2011
Reference: CYT14988
Location: Wistons Clinic, 138 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 5PA [That's the Brighton abortion clinic, by the way. Looks like the 'Life' Coach is working in house!]
Hours: Full Time [Clearly the demand is high in this town...]

Closing Date: 5th October 2009
Interview Date: 15th October 2009

This post is part of the city partnership working to reduce unplanned early conceptions for young women under 19 and to improve the EET (Education, Employment and Training) and health outcomes for young parents.

The post holder will deliver high quality packages of psychological interventions to young women who will have accessed BPAS (British Pregnancy Advisory Service) for a termination. The post holder will assist in building psychological and emotional resilience ["Be strong and terminate. Because your worth it! Don't worry about the child!"] amongst the young women, to ensure positive and healthy relationships with partners, reduce the likelihood of second conception [Yes, I hear abortion can do that!], improve self esteem, improve aspirations for themselves and engagement in positive activities/with other services where appropriate.

The post holder will have an accredited professional qualification in: counselling, psychology, mental health nursing, occupational therapy or psychotherapy and a working knowledge and experience of specific therapeutic approaches and techniques (especially CBT, motivational interviewing, and solution-focused models) when working with young people under 19.

The post holder will be supervised and employed by the IYSS within Brighton and Hove Children and Young People’s Trust and managed by BPAS. BPAS is a national pro-abortion organisation and the post holder will be expected to work within this ethos. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and is subject to a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure check. More information on CRB Checks [Nope, you don't need a CRB check to help kill the unborn!].
Shall I apply and see if I can get an interview?

Gender: Male
Ethnic Origin: White British/European
Sexuality: Oh good grief, do I have to say? Oh alright, if you must...No, sod it, its none of your business and what's more I don't want to get this job to fill some outrageous quota.
Religion: ROMAN CATHOLIC!!

Where's my lawyer?! Oh I don't have one! Do you see the problem? I would be denied the job because of my religion, which is discrimination and that would be in breach of the Equality Act, because there is no reason why I shouldn't be a counsellor for 'pre-' and 'post-' abortive women. I'd just counsel them according to my conscience and that would be what would stop me from getting the job.


Anyway, regardless of the obvious legal quagmire, and the fact I'd never want to work in an abortion clinic, let's cut to the chase...

The Council is advertising to pay, from the local Brighton and Hove citizens' Council Tax, for a post in which you offer 'pre-' and 'post-' abortive counselling on behalf of a PRO-ABORTION PREGNANCY ADVICE SERVICE, FULL-TIME, IN AN ABORTION CLINIC! WHAT IS MORE, THEY'RE GOING TO BE PAYING THAT PERSON UP TO £28K A YEAR!

"Hello, it that The Evening Argus?"

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...