Tuesday 11 November 2008

East Meets West



A friend of mine in the US had a letter published in Zenit, the international Catholic news agency. Very good! I visited him two years ago at Christmas. Here it is below:

Spirit Working Hard for Unity A response to: Patriarch's Words at Vespers

Beginning with the outreach of Blessed John XXIII to our Orthodox brethren, continuing through the reigns of Paul VI and Ecumenical Patriarch Athenagoras, both of blessed memory, through the reign of John Paul the Great, [...] and now with Benedict XVI and Patriarch Bartholomew I (both gloriously reigning), no true Christian, Catholic or Orthodox, can but feel the power of the Holy Spirit animating and at work in the growing union in charity of our two Churches.It is something for which I have prayed and offered up my sufferings since the meeting of Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras in Jerusalem. I pray I live to see the day come when the Church, East and West, may share the "Cup of the Lord" together in peace, unity and fraternal charity!

Yours in Jesus and Mary,
Joseph F. Amarose
Sts. Peter & Paul Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church
Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania

2 comments:

mikemathew said...

Savour the best of both eastern and western cuisine at T.G.I. Friday’s, where 56 combinations have been laid out for a memorable gastronomic experience. The desserts includes a wide range from the sorbet martini comprising scoops of creamy fruit sorbets, served with fresh juicy strawberries and sweet pineapple and topped with fruit juice to chocolate fudge brownies.
_______________________________
mikemathew
white hat

The Bones said...

Interesting interpretation of the issue!

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...