Thursday 16 October 2008

Teenage Idols



Last night I met a singer and songwriter called Mark Morris who I last saw at a gig when I was 17. I am now 31. The night was a "music industry" event with various "industry types" who I suppose I was meant to schmooze with and to whom I should give out my band's demos. He performed well and having done some of his own material he played some songs by his band, The Bluetones, which I used to listen to when I was at University. It was very nostalgic for me. Due to the fact he was one singer who I used to listen to obsessively I gave him my band's demo. He said he'd listen to it in the car on the way home. Turns out he lives in Tunbridge Wells. He did a lovely version of Neil Young's 'Old Man' which is ironic given that neither he, nor I are in the prime of our youth any longer. To be honest I felt too old to be there in the first place. Afterwards I went and stared at the moon on the beach and a big wave came along and soaked my jeans and shoes...anyway, putting aside dreams of rock stardom, today I have to do my (best nasal accent) accountancy course. How long, Lord, how long?

No comments:

The Pope Who Won't Be Buried

It has been a long time since I have put finger to keyboard to write about our holy Catholic Faith, something I regret, but which I put larg...